Party too heartedly last night at the New Years Eve Party? Many would recommend administering a hearty dose of a Bloody Mary this morning. Far be it from me to prescribe a bit of the dog that bit you. But you can also serve it as an alcohol Mocktail as a zesty tomato juice. Try it anyway you wish. This recipe that I have had for a while creates an entire pitcher worth so you can heal yourself or your entire household. Enjoy and happy 2023!
Bloody Mary Mix
FOR THE BLOODY MARY MIX:
- 1 (46-ounce) can Sacramento brand tomato juice (5 3/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Gold’s Prepared Horseradish
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 3 or 4 juicy lemons)
- 1/2 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco hot sauce
- Vodka, for spiking (optional)
- Celery ribs, pimento-stuffed olives and lemon wedges, for garnish
- Whisk together all the bloody Mary mix ingredients, transfer to a bottle and shake well just before using.
- Fill tall glasses with ice; pour the bloody Mary mix on top.
- If using the vodka, mix 1/4 cup vodka with 1/2 cup bloody Mary mix in a shaker over ice; shake for 10 hard strokes, strain and pour into each ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with a leafy interior rib of celery, a wooden skewer of olives and a lemon wedge.