Who doesn’t like guacamole? Check out this recipe which makes the tastiest guac I’ve ever sampled. Enjoy!
- 2 avocado, ripe
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced and mashed
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chop
Mash and mince garlic with salt to form a paste. Halve and pit the avocados and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mash the avocados coarsely with a fork and stir in onion, garlic paste, lime juice, cumin, chile and cilantro. The guacamole may be made 2 hours in advance, its surface covered with plastic wrap and chilled.
Yield: About 2 cups
As always you can find more at http://www.walterthinnes.com and on Twitter @walterthinnes