I’m not advanced on social media. I’ve never been on Facebook (if you’re not paying for the product, you are the product). I’ve been late to websites and Twitter and only recently took up blogging. I figure as soon as Instagram is surpassed by another technology, I might take a look at that!
A couple of years ago I started my blog and posted on it very irregularly. Exactly one year ago I decided to make a concerted effort to get it right, now that blogging is being abandoned by so many. It has helped my discipline as a playwright. I have managed a full trip around the sun with the following principles:
- Keep image quality high, recently adding GoPro pix to the mix.
- Post at least five days per week, sometimes more if I have something to say.
- Focus on topics I enjoy like theatre, fine arts, motorcycles, food and recipes and restaurants, and generally avoid politics and social commentary.
- Be light hearted but helpful to my readers.
- Keep every post brief so as to not bog down the blog reader, perhaps one to three paragraphs at the most.
- To keep that last promise – gotta go! Hope to see you back tomorrow.
As always you can find more at http://www.walterthinnes.com and on Twitter @walterthinnes
TOMORROW Gettin’ another review from Broadway
One thought on “My blogging anniversary”
Happy Anniversary! Love reading all your fun articles.