July 11 is National Blueberry Muffin Day and there are few better ways to start the day. To encourage you to eat fresh baked goods at home, feel free to try this simple and straightforward recipe…
Simple Blueberry Muffins
There’s nothing fancy about this muffin – it’s mostly flour, eggs, butter and blueberries. But that’s the beauty of it. It’s the perfect sort of baking project to tackle on a lazy weekend morning.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups with a little butter.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Combine eggs, milk and melted butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Do not try to beat until smooth because the muffins will be tough and grainy.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of flour over blueberries, and turn to coat well. Stir into batter, mixing just enough to combine.
- Fill muffin cups about two-thirds full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until muffins are brown and pull away from the sides of the tin.