As noted earlier this week, I no longer bake masses of Christmas Cookies because of my limited New York City kitchen. That doesn’t mean I don’t continue to collect interesting cookie recipes. When I did the massive bakeoff I always included my two favorites – Snickerdoodles and Ginger Snaps. What if someone combined those into one cookie? Someone did. This recipe is from Land O Lakes (can you tell?) Anyone want to bake this up and let me know how it works? I’m afraid the ginger flavor will overwhelm the cinnamon flavor. Let me know…
Classic snickerdoodle cookies and gingersnaps collide in this new favorite cookie. The mixture of cinnamon, ginger & cloves will warm you from the inside out!
- CINNAMON DOUGH
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 2 large Land O Lakes® Eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- GINGER DOUGH
- 3 tablespoons mild molasses
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine all cinnamon dough ingredients in bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Divide dough in half; place into separate bowls. Set aside one bowl.
- Add molasses to remaining bowl of dough; beat until well mixed. Combine 1/4 cup flour, ginger and cloves in another bowl. Add to molasses mixture. Beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Twist 1 piece (about 3/4-inch ball, rolled into 2-inch log) of each dough together; roll into about 1 1/4-inch ball, creating marbled effect. Roll ball in sugar.
- Place, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack. SOURCE: Land-O-Lakes