What better way to celebrate National Chip and Dip Day than a delicious Dip Recipe that can go with any Chip you try. You’ll thank me later…
Roasted Garlic Dip
Good with any chip, veggies, meats, and roasted potatoes
- 3 heads garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Cut off the top of the head of garlic to expose the cloves, trimming about 1/4 inch off of the top of each clove. You may need to trim individual cloves along the sides of the head. Brush the cut cloves with a small amount of olive oil, then nestle the head into a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cloves are tender and nicely browned, about 1 hour. Remove, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins and into a mixing bowl. Mash well with a wire whisk, then add the sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until evenly blended, then refrigerate 2 to 4 hours to allow the flavors to blend.